Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Is A Week Away

It's so hard to believe that Easter is a week away.  It's also hard to believe it's been 2 weeks since I posted my last blog.  My days have been so busy lately that everytime I sit down to do it something else comes up.  The past few weeks I have been working on a few commission items.  I made 5 cards and shipped them to Austrailia on Tuesday.   Woot!  I got a random call out for a going away card on Thursday, and have also been working really hard on getting some commission layouts done.  As well I have been working on a layout for my work, and a new card kit to get together for Etsy.  Somewhere in there I have been getting some sleep.  Not quite sure where though.  Here are a few pics of my going away card. 

I created it using the New Tim Holtz File Tab Sizzix Die.  I love these they are so interchangeable on so many different projects.  The paper I used is a mix of Pink Paisley 6x6 (Queen Bee) paper pad, and Little Yellow Bicycle Clotheline paper.  I just love the new texture Little Yellow Bicycle added to this paper line.  It almost feels like fabric.  And the use of Greys and yellows, simply classy.  I created this card after a similiar card I had made for Technique Tuesday that is coming up on April 6th at Simply Scrapbooks. 
 
This Card was created using the same Little Yellow Bicycle paper, as well as the same Tim Holtz Sizzix dies.  I went a little softer on this card by adding a punched fringe from a Martha Stewart paper punch.  And the card is turned to look just like a folder.  I also used a really cute set of stamps from Cornish Heritage Farms. 
This Tuesday we will be making a fun Easter card using the New Spellbinder Easter set, and New flowersoft used for flocking.  I made this card a few weeks ago when I was really sick.  The paper is super cute from Cosmo Cricket.  And who can't resist Unity Stamps. 
Here is a picture of the basketball layout I had made on commission.  It's really the first time I have ever made a boy layout.  I think I am just spoiled always scrapping such cute pictures of Skye.  She is picture perfect. 

This isn't the best pic, I took it late lastnight when I was finished.  I took some other pics of it today but they all want to upload sideways no matter which way I turn them or resize them. 
Other than that I have a few more items on my etsy site, check it out.  Now to finish this card kit and onto more commission layouts and etsy stuff.   Really aching for makin some altered art or collages though, guess you will just have to wait and see what is next. 
Enjoy your sunny days till then!

1 comment:

aliciacreate.blogspot.com said...

Like the "Sorry to See You Go" card. Definitely shows how versatile that theme of card can be.

See you this week! :)