Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sunny Days Are Ahead

Today was a super busy day at work.  Everyone at work has been working really hard the last 3 weeks on easter projects.  And today was the big day they all went out and we kicked off to spring!  Oh and what a beautiful day it was, in the 50's with TONS of sunshine.  YAY!  I am also sad to say I didn't make the Graphic 45 design team.  But really I am not that sad, it was a great learning experience, and I already have BIG plans for what's instore for next year.  Next are some submissions to Somerset studio.  I will let you know how that goes.  Trying to focus really hard this year on being published, submitting for all kinds of things, as well as other design team calls.  Making a name for myself, and selling stuff on my etsy site.  Here are some more submissions to Graphic 45, and a pic of a cute card I taught lastweek at my Tuesday make and take.
This is a collage I created on a 4x6 stretched artist canvas.  I love retro things and these pictures just spoke to me.  When I create I don't really have an idea of where things are going.  Sometimes I have outside inspiration that may drive me.  But most of the time the art just pours out of me and comes together.  I really like the lady with her umbrella looking up.  The airplane just adds such a nice touch. 


I really like to play with different techniques.  The background on this canvas is patterned paper, with a layer of pink crepe paper over top.  It gives a sort of surreal look,  almost see through just enough to see the music notes.  In a few spots I actually tore pieces of the crepe paper off to give it more of a warn look.  Over top I used some distress stickles for added vintage effect.  As well as a touch of glimmer.  I love the image of the Eiffel Tower.  It is actually an old postcard I had copied and used. 

This is the card we created last Tuesday in my weekly technique class.  We played with Spellbinder dies, a Martha Stewart punch, a super cute Pure Innocence stamp, and Shimmerz Bling paints.  The Bling paint added just the perfect touch for the wings.  And could this paper be any more perfect for this stamp?  Everyone really enjoyed themselves, thanks to all who dropped in that night.

No comments: