Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sending Christmas Joy- Graphic 45 Style

Hiyaz and Welcome on this Wonderful Wednesday! 
Life has been crazy here between shows, getting sick and just trying to get ready for the Holidays..
Tomorrow my little family and I will be celebrating at home this year, so today will be filled with lots of baking!!  Since we couldn't all get together for Thanksgiving, Skyler and I will be heading to Grandmas to bake pumpkin pies and breads with my nieces!! 
MMM...I can smell the goodies already!! 
But before heading out, I wanted to share a little Christmas Card making inspiration..Just incase you have a little time to sneak off tomorrow while the men are watching football...


This first card was created with a recessed window effect with a quarter inch inward depth. 
Tutorial available at SplitcoastStampers
For my card I re sized my window area to the size of the image I wanted to use. 
I absolutely love this picture from Graphic 45's Christmas Emporium. 
It really just captures the spirit of Christmas as home!
After cutting my window, I found that Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle was the exact size to create a decorative edge by using the negative.



I just adore that little elephant pull toy cut from Graphic 45 papers...So stinking cute!

For the inside I decided to create a pocket that would be great for a gift card.  Even stuck one in there for effect in my pictures and forgot to remove it before sending off to CHA.  A few months later, after my card has traveled to the Netherlands and Australia and now returned home, I was pleased to find it was still there!!!

This next card was also created for CHA Summer 2011 upon the release of Christmas Emporium. 
Created with a playful, yet elegant feel, this is one of my favs..
I absolutely love these little children dancing around the Christmas Tree...So Joyful!!


And last but not least, the most elegant of all, yet so simply made.  With a luscious mix of black and cream that Graphic 45 does so well....

The buckle used for the front was from my Grandmother's sewing collection.  I used it not only because it was hers, and well it matched but because I remember hearing stories about when she was young,  getting all dressed up to go window shopping.  This image definitely makes me think of those simpler times...

For the inside I wanted to continue the same elegant feel.  These little sheet music pages cut from Graphic 45 were simply the perfect thing too! 
Last I really wanted to tie the whole thing together, so I cut out and added the little girl playing with her pull toy from Santa!

That's it for Today!
Hope my ideas have inspired you to pull out all those wonderful Graphic 45 papers and play.
Wishing you and your Family a safe and memorable Thanksgiving!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Nicki Chicky











No comments: